Vomo Island Resort Fiji, welcomes families of all ages all year round and does family friendly like no other Fijian resort. Young guests are even more spoiled with its newly opened, purpose built year round ‘Kid’s Village’.
The new Kids Village will be accessed via a timber walkway and fun suspension bridge. The fully air conditioned facility will have a playroom for infants under 5-years old, kitchen and home theatre room. Outdoor areas include undercover play areas, cubby house, purpose built BBQ area and more, with both young and older children catered for. The playroom will be a bright and colourful experience for little minds and eyes and the entire facility will be interactive, secure and a delight for parents and children alike. The Kids Village is an exciting addition to Vomo’s offering for families and will complement the popular Turtle Club programme which operates during set school holiday periods. Children will have hands on opportunities to become involved in Vomo’s Hawksbill Turtle Protection Programme, learning about protecting traditional breeding grounds on Vomo, helping to care for the turtles raised on the island and education about how these huge creatures can be saved from extinction. Vomo’s experienced baby butlers and nannies will supervise and entertain children and will be joined by the club’s own chef to dish up specially prepared children’s meals, served in the club’s dining area.
The new Kids Village will be open daily and is free as part of the daily rate. Vomo’s popular Turtle Club school holiday programme will operate during set dates and Turtle Club dates can be viewed online at www.vomofiji.com
• Vomo welcomes families of all ages, honeymooners, multi-generation parties and destination weddings. The island is situated just 15- minutes by helicopter from Nadi International Airport.
• Discover a paradise bordered by white sands and coral reefs offering snorkelling, deep-sea fishing, scuba-diving and fantastic kayaking. Vomo also features a weekly traditional Meke performance, kava ceremony and lovo feast, exercise gym, 9-hole par-3 golf course, badminton, tennis, croquet, petanque, hiking and jogging tracks plus a luxurious day spa. The Reef Restaurant serves locally caught fish and produce from the resorts own gardens, pairing it with the highest quality international produce and an excellent wine cellar. Vomo includes 28 luxurious air-conditioned one-bedroom villas with your choice of beach front, or hillside with views over the ocean. The Royal Villa has three ensuite guest rooms and a private pool; the Residence gives even greater indulgence with four ensuite guest rooms, private pool and butler service.
• The Turtle Club school holiday programme entertains children of all ages with Fijian games, fish feeding, singing, art and crab-hunting and then provides dinner and babysitting into the evening. The Turtle Club programme operates during set school holiday periods.
• Children (and adults!) enjoy the Hawksbill Turtle Protection programme, which helps protect the turtle’s traditional breeding grounds and teaches how these huge creatures can be saved from extinction.
• The new ‘Kids Village’ is open all year round.
Tony Townley is a luxury lifestyle specialist and owner of Luxury Adventures. Talk to us about planning your next visit to New Zealand, Australia or the South Pacific Islands.