Dolphin Island, Fiji
Located just 30 minutes by boat from shore, on the tip of Viti Levu, Fiji, Dolphin Island nestles like a precious jewel, surrounded by crystal-clear waters. Following arrival at Nadi International Airport, guests can travel for 2.5 hours by private car (included within tariff), or choose to transfer by float plane or helicopter to Dolphin Island. The island's own private boat will then transfer guests to their own private island retreat where on arrival, they will be immediately enveloped by the beauty and luxurious accommodation that awaits. Traditional Fijian warmth and hospitality is provided by our host couple Stanley and Dawn Simpson. They will look after you as little or as much as you want ensuring a supply of delicious meals, drinks and a cocktail (or two) are presented according to your taste. They also have the local knowledge that is such a great help making the hard decisions in regard to your recreational pursuits.
The main bure, with its fabulous traditional palm-thatched roof and architecturally detailed elevation holds centre court, with a pair of equally picturesque guest bure suites sitting to each side in perfect harmony. This group of buildings are at one with the landscape and every aspect of their design ensures perfect enjoyment of the island’s nurturing and lush natural landscape. Renowned interior designer Virginia Fisher has ensured Dolphin Island offers an extraordinary guest experience. Ambience is in great abundance as Virginia’s sense of place emerges strongly, as she references colours, textures and patterns from the Pacific – boldly and with her absolutely innate sense of style. Every level of guest comfort has been considered from thirsty beach towels to perfumed candles – and the total effect is utter magic.
Facilities: With 14-acres of private island as a playground guests often do not feel the need to ever leave, however should they choose to – a wonderful variety of activities are available. Aquatic adventures abound, with warm, clear waters and coral reefs providing the perfect habitat for amazing marine life. Guests can snorkel, tank dive, sail, kayak, swim and fish with carefully selected operators whose local knowledge is invaluable. Cultural visits to nearby villages, sightseeing and tours to areas of historical interest can be arranged, as can pampering massages and facials.
Destination: Dolphin Island, Fiji
Official website: Dolphin Island
Dolphin Island - Eight-night Pacific Time Package 2017-2018
Sister properties Huka Lodge in New Zealand and Dolphin Island, Fiji are superb examples of the very best the Pacific has to offer – like bright jewels in the geography of beautiful and stunning locations.
• Enjoy a four-night stay at Huka Lodge, in a riverside Junior Lodge Suite (on a double-occupancy basis), with pre-dinner drinks and canapés, five-course dinners and full country breakfasts for entire stay. Enjoy use of all Lodge facilities.
• Includes return journeys by private vehicle between Auckland and Huka Lodge, Taupo.
• Relax during a four-night stay as the only guests on your very own Pacific paradise – Dolphin Island, with exclusive-use of the entire island including accommodation on a double-occupancy basis in one Guest Bure.
• Includes return transfers by private vehicle between Nadi and Ellington Wharf, and boat transfers to and from the island, as well as all meals and a standard bar.
• Travel in the order that suits best, wherever you start your Pacific Time experience; a bottle of French Champagne awaits your arrival.
• A copy of our latest book, Worlds Apart.*
Junior Lodge Suite/Guest Bure (on a double/twin basis) 2017/2018:
• HIGH SUMMER 01 Jan. – 31 Mar 2017 NZ$1,946 per person, per night
• LATE SUMMER 01 Apr. – 30 Apr 2017 NZ$1,495 per person, per night
• AUTUMN-WINTER 01 May – 30 Sept 2017 NZ$1,482 per person, per night
• SPRING 01 Oct. – 14 Dec 2017 NZ$1,495 per person, per night
• HIGH SUMMER 05 Jan. – 31 Mar 2018 NZ$2,004 per person, per night
• LATE SUMMER 01 Apr. – 30 Apr 2018 NZ$1,495 per person, per night
• AUTUMN-WINTER 01 May – 30 Sept 2018 NZ$1,482 per person, per night
*Only included for bookings made from 01 April 2017 onwards.
- Helicopter transfers are also available at an additional cost, to and from Huka Lodge and guests can travel by either helicopter or floatplane to and from Dolphin Island. Prices can be advised accordingly.
- All prices quoted are in New Zealand dollars and include all taxes. This offer is subject to availability.
- While every effort will be made to provide this offer in the form in which it is currently published, there could be last-minute changes due to circumstances beyond our control.
Contact Luxury Adventures for availability.
Dolphin Island - 3 night Intrepid Package 2017/18
Dolphin Island lies within one great outdoor playground and we have selected two unique adventure experiences for you to explore and enjoy.
• A three-night stay as the only guests on your very own private island, with accommodation on a double-occupancy basis in a beautifully-appointed Guest Bure. • A two-tank diving adventure with dive master, in the clear, warm, pristine Bligh Waters full of an amazing variety of tropical fish and the signature hard and soft corals that make this diving spot world famous. (6-6½ hour trip) • An all-day outdoor adventure involving transfers by private vehicle and a guided walk to explore the unspoiled beauty of the Nabalese Waterfall and the intriguing Wailotua Cave. • Return transfers by private vehicle between Nadi and your embarkation point to Dolphin Island, Ellington Wharf, and boat transfers to and from the island. • All delicious meals and a standard bar are provided. • A copy of our latest book Worlds Apart.
Guest Bure (on a double occupancy basis) 2017/2018:
• 01 April 2017 – 30 Sept 2018 Guest Bure NZ$2,204 per adult, per night, with a minimum three-night stay required.
- You may choose to travel by helicopter or by seaplane both ways. Prices can be advised accordingly.
- An additional cost for the hire of tank and diving apparatus will apply.
- All prices quoted are in New Zealand dollars and include all taxes.
- This offer is subject to availability. While every effort is made to provide this package in the form in which it is currently published, there could be last-minute changes due to circumstances beyond our control.
Contact Luxury Adventures for availability.